“…To Save a Life…”
Rittman Emergency Medical Services is dedicated to serving the residents and visitors of the City of Rittman.
We provide for the health and welfare of the community by offering a professionally trained, well equipped staff that is capable of responding to all types of medical emergencies.
Emergency Dial 911:
In an Emergency, ALWAYS Dial 911
Updated: July 4, 2014
Please Check Back Frequently For Updates
The South Main Street Railroad Crossing
Is NOW OPEN
Happy Birthday AMERICA!!!
Rittman EMS Wishes You
a Safe & Happy 4th of July!
Don't Feel the Need to Invite us to Your Celebration...
Leave the Fireworks to the Experts
Our 2013 Annual Report is Now Available.
Click on the Link Below to Access this Report.
2013 Rittman EMS Annual Report
(Older Reports can be Found on the Statistics / Reports Tab on the Left-Side Menu Bar.)
The Rittman Police Department provides Public Safety Dispatching Services to: the City of Rittman for Police, Fire , and EMS services; the Village of Doylestown for Police services; and both Chippewa and Milton Townships for Fire and EMS services.
When Calling “911” in an Emergency...
- Remain calm and speak clearly. Do not scream into the Phone
- Give the complete address where you need help. Include apartment number or room number if appropriate.
- Tell the “911” dispatcher what the problem is. Why you need help; and what type of assistance: Police, Fire, or EMS
- Answer all of the dispatcher's questions. They may ask you certain questions to help the police, fire, or EMS units responding to your emergency.
- Give the “911” dispatcher your name.
Other Considerations When Calling “911”...
Hang up until the "911" dispatcher tells you too.
If you hang up before speaking to the “911”
operator, THEY WILL
call you back; and you may get a visit from a Police Officer.
regarding service outages. If your power is out, use a
battery-powered radio to monitor a local radio station for important
- If you Dial "911" from your cell phone, please pull over before calling; and be prepared to give the dispatcher your location--including any prominent landmarks. Some cell phones do not have GPS enabled, and therefore may not show the dispatcher your current location.
Future with Organization-wide Changes
Changes Announced at Wadsworth-Rittman Hospital
If you have any questions regarding the Summa closure, I would encourage
you to speak with one of the representatives listed in the press
If you have any questions regarding the Summa closure, I would encourage you to speak with one of the representatives listed in the press release:
Mike Bernstein Jim Gosky
(234) 312-5012 (234) 312-5052
What does this mean to you as a patient being transported by Rittman EMS…?
According to the staff at Summa Health Systems, there should be little to no change for ambulance patients. The Emergency Department at Summa Wadsworth-Rittman will still take you as a patient if it is your desire to be transported there.
There may be a rare
occasion in which you may require a transfer to an inpatient facility
for admission or a specialized procedure.
In this case, your Emergency Room Physician will confer with, you
or your designee, to make the appropriate care decisions.
Do You Have What It Takes
“…to Save a Life…”
Rittman EMS is always looking for qualified candidates to join OUR Team!
Click Here To Read More About Our Hiring Process
Download an Application For Employment
Click Here To Download an Application For Employment