2021 Sunday Men’s Softball League
League runs Sunday May 16th, 2021 through Sunday July 18th, 2021
There will be No games on May 30TH, 2021 and July 4TH, 2021
All games will be played at Martin Fritz Memorial Park on Industrial Street in Rittman
Games are played between 11am-6pm
Captains meeting April 15th at 7pm in Rittman Recreation Center Community Room
Fee $180 for All Teams
UMPIRE FEES: Teams are responsible to give $15 cash before each game starts to the recreation employee on duty (Moose) ($30) *
Winning Tournament team (Double Elimination) will receive a trophy and tee shirts
(15 per team max Small-XL)
- Fee includes team registration and balls.
- Games will be played in double header Format with a 5-minute intermission between games.
- This is a recreation league. Foul play or unsportsmanlike conduct WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Any player or spectator guilty of foul play or unsportsmanlike conduct will be removed from play for the remainder of the evening and the next schedule evening. Decisions for player or spectator removal belong to the umpire and recreational staff.
- We are asking that spectators are limited for the 2021 season. All Spectators that do attend will be required to sit on the path before the fields. Bleachers/Dugouts will only be for those actively participating in the games & one score keeper. Spectators are also required by Covid guidelines to wear masks & adhere to covid guidelines remaining six feet apart.
- The league will be made up of 12 teams, each with up to 20 registered players.
- Teams are allowed to field 10 players and bat 12. All fielding players must bat.
- Players must be substituted at any time. Substituted players may not return to the field. Players may be rotated to a fielding position ONCE without drawing a penalty. Example: Pitching change.
- Games will be played in Double Header format.
- League Champions will be determined by Tournament following regular season.
- Pitching count will begin with 1 ball and 1 strike. Batters are allowed 1 foul ball. The second foul ball will be scored as an Out.
- Any pitcher is required to wear an athletic face protector.
- All fielding players must bat. Extra batters are allowed, but not required.
- Each team will be allowed 6 over-the-fence Home Runs. All other over-the-fence Home Runs will be scored as an Out.
- Pitch arch is 6”-10”
Run Rule will be called after 3 innings if the leading team is up by 20 or more
runs, 15 after 4, 10 after 5 &
Remember this is a Recreation League. HAVE FUN!!!
As a participant in this and any other program of the City of Rittman Parks and Recreation Department, I/we recognize and acknowledge that there are certain risks and I/we agree to assume all such risks including any damages resulting from physical injuries, death, loss of service or consortium, loss or damage to property, or any other loss which I/we may sustain as a result of participating in any and all activities connected with or associated with such programs. In consideration of the Rittman Parks and Recreation Department accepting me or my child’s registration, and with the intent to be legally bound, I hereby, for myself, for my child, all heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns, do hereby forever release, wave and relinquish all claims I have or may have as a result of participating in this and all other programs of the City of Rittman Parks and Recreation Department. Furthermore, I promise not to sue the City of Rittman Parks and Recreation Department and its officers, agents, servants, employees and insurers from all liabilities, claims, demands, actions or causes of action resulting from physical injuries, including death, loss of services or consortium, loss of damage of property, or any other loss to me on account of my participation in this and all other programs of the City of Rittman Parks and Recreation Department.